Monday, November 10, 2008

speechless moments

Sometimes, I come across some questions from people who do not know Malaysia well, but implied the less developped image of Malaysia.

For example, a guy once asked me, what kind of anaesthetic techniques do the Malaysian doctors use? I said, the same inhalational agents and ventilators. Then he stopped asking. I was thinking, did he expect me to say: we use chloroform and no patients monitoring in an unhygiene condition, like many would think how a developing country should be?

Perhaps people who are sceptical about Malaysian healthcare system, should make a short trip to observe for their own eyes. I have to admit that lots to be improved, but certainly it is more than sufficient to ensure the safety of the patients.

1 comment:

Bee Ean said...

It is cool you are here to prove them wrong. I have not lived in another part of Malaysia but I think Klang Hospital services are quite good and affordable.