Wednesday, November 11, 2009

dream or real?

Kind of a dream, kind of real, kind of expected, kind of unexpected.

It is true that I have not had much opportunity to touch a trophy since I started working in 2002. THe last one I received before this was in 2004, when I took a quiz in Infection Control organised by Hospital Klang, and I won the first prize. Since then, no more opportunity, well, apart from lucky draws few years back during the Chinese New Year celebration in Geneva, I won a nice ancient Chinese style coffret.

Recently my poster won the First Prize of an Innovation contest. When I received the trophy, and was asked to say a few words, this sudden fame had made my mind completely blank for a second. Yes, it is a stress to be the center of attention, with VIPs and cameramen filming. I quickly realized that I must say something while suppressing my anxiety. The moment passed smoothly and I walked down the stage with applause. Phew!! How I wish there was a rehersal!

This is a new start for my research work, a sound recognition from the senior experts. AFter these few days of euphoria, I will be back on the routines and setting up the new project. I truly hope that our hypothesis to be true. That is another dream and another milestone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very happy for you. Jia you!

Janice said...

Bravo Nat !

Chui Fung CHONG said...

thanks See Wah and Janice! I will keep up the work. And enjoy life too :)