Thursday, January 01, 2009

Integration Seminar in France

2 days ago, we went to see a humoristic show in a parisian restaurant, among whom a malaysian friend of mine here was present.

She mentioned that she went to a compulsary seminar named "Integration Seminar" for foreign workers or spouses. It is usually one-day course provided by the Préfecture in order to introduce French culture and civilisation.

As I had done a Master degree in France, I was luckily exempted for this seminar. Nevertheless, I think that it is extremely important for newcomers to get to know the local culture before embarking a new life here.

Disclaimer: THis is only true at the time of me applying the work permit and the author bears no responsibilities should any amendment in French Immigration laws and regulations takes place after that.

2 comments:

Bee Ean said...

I was not required to attend this seminar as well. I don't know the reason as I got married before I did this master degree. People said if you had done any French courses in any Uni then you are exempted.

Chui Fung CHONG said...

The exemption for me was accoridng to this law:
JORF n°0256 du 1 novembre 2008 page 16689
texte n° 14
CHAPITRE IER : DISPOSITIONS RELATIVES AU CONTRAT D'ACCUEIL ET D'INTEGRATION
Article 2


Le III de l'article R. 311-19 du même code est complété par un alinéa ainsi rédigé :
« Est également dispensé de la signature d'un contrat d'accueil et d'intégration l'étranger qui a suivi des études supérieures en France d'une durée au moins égale à une année, sur présentation de documents attestant de la réalité de ces études. »
link:http://www.legifrance.com/affichTexte.do;jsessionid=1C852441E16D6B8A03268720E47B277D.tpdjo09v_3?cidTexte=JORFTEXT000019712134&categorieLien=id
As it might be changed from time to time, I think this could be new.